How to use ACT Cleaning products
To remove oil stains or spills
- Apply a small amount of cleaner to stained area.
- Using a soft bristle broom, brush in one direction, then brush cleaner in the opposite direction.
- Mist the already applied product with a spray bottle of water until cleaner is damp. This will open the pores of the surface and allow the cleaner to penetrate the stain. Cleaner and stain will dissipate.
Do not use garden hose or wash cleaner off.
Do not use fertilizers or nutrients with cleaner.
- Repeated application may be necessary after two weeks to achieve the desired results.
To remove rust, bird droppings, soda pop, etc.
- Using a scraper and broom, clean area of excess debris.
- Apply a small amount of cleaner to stain.
- Mist the already applied product with a spray bottle of water until cleaner is damp. (Do not use a garden hose).
- While product is damp from misting, using a broom, brush in one direction, then brush cleaner in the opposite direction.
- Repeated application may be necessary to achieve the desired results.
Do not sweep or wash cleaner off. Cleaner and stain will dissipate.
Frequently asked questions
You will have to be patient and let the microbes do their work. Depending on the stain, it can take anywhere from 2-3 days to 2 weeks for the microbes to finish breaking down the stain. When they’re done eating, the cleaner will simply evaporate away. You may need to sweep up a bit if too much was applied, but there’s actually nothing you need to do after applying the cleaner, let the microbes do the work!
While the cleaner is working, the stain is covered so it looks good (the HOA can’t complain) and you are free to use the area normally – whether it’s inside your garage or at the gas station!
ACT Cleaning products are safe to use on concrete, plastic, ceramic, asphalt, wood, soil, metal, brick, and more! This isn’t a bleach or chemical solution that will damage your surface, but if your surface isn’t listed and you’re still worried, please reach out to us on our contact page or try a small amount of the product in an inconspicuous location.